Flea Market Decorating
By Leah French, About.com Guide
Whether you decorate with flea market finds or priceless antiques really doesn’t matter. The difference between a boring home and a beautiful home isn’t how much you spend. It’s what you do with what you have.
Decorating Tips & Basics
When you’re ready to decorate your home, the best place to start is the basics. Learn the principles of interior design, and read professional decorating tips for putting it all together.
- Interior Lighting Design Basics: The 3 Layers of Home Lighting
- How to Hang Art Groupings
- 17 Tips for Choosing the Right Paint Color
- The Best Furniture Brands to Buy Used
- How to Make a Dark Color Scheme Pop
- The Best Places to Buy Furniture on a Budget
- Shopping for Secondhand Furniture
Decorating Styles & Trends
Explore different decorating styles and trends, from period classics to the hottest new thing. Once you find your inspiration, learn how to get the look for less using thrift store, yard sale, and flea market finds.
- Beach Style Decorating
- New Orleans Style Decorating
- Teen Bedroom Ideas for Small Budgets
- Get the Loft Look without Moving
- 10 Ways to Display Vintage Jewelry
- Decorative Storage with Flea Market Finds
- Color Trends: Decorating with Turquoise
- Classic Movie Set Style from a Cedric Gibbons Fan
- The Divine Chair Company
Enjoy photo tours of some stunning homes decorated with secondhand treasures, everything from fine antiques to junk store scores. Other people’s homes are great sources for decorating inspiration. Borrow the ideas you love and add your own treasures and vision.
- Living in the Pink
- The Luxurious Living Room
- English Country Cottage Guest Room
- The Frightfully Divine Study
- A Bedroom Fit for Royalty
Holiday & Seasonal Decorating
You already know that flea markets, yard sales, and thrift stores are great resources for home decorating, but are you shopping them for your holiday decorations? You can find everything from intact vintage decorations to bits and baubles for your holiday craft projects.
- Vintage Christmas Ornaments
- 10 Flea Market Finds to Use as Christmas Ornaments
- Alternative Christmas Trees
- 10 Flea Market Finds to Use as Gift Wrap
- 10 Flea Market Finds to Use as Gift Trim