With a grand opening scheduled for Memorial Day 2011, Treasure Island Flea Market is the Bay Area’s newest outdoor flea market. Started to give indie designers a place to showcase their goods, Treasure Island Flea Market offers handmade and one-of-a-kind merchandise alongside traditional vintage flea market goods. Go hungry, because the food selection looks as diverse as the merchandise.
- San Francisco, California 94130
- Avenue of the Palms on Treasure Island
Dates and Times:
- Grand opening 2011 Memorial Day weekend, May 28 and 29
- Last Saturday and Sunday of each month
- 9 a.m. to 4 p.m.
- Rain or shine
- $3 admission
- Free admission for children 12 and under
- Free parking
- Service animals only
Treasure Island flea market promises lots of hip, new merchandise from indie designers, in addition to the vintage furnishings, decor, and clothing you'd expect from a Bay Area flea market. Many of the new items are made from recycled and repurposed materials. Expect to see:
- Antiques and collectibles
- New and vintage clothing
- Reclaimed wood furniture
- Vintage housewares and décor
- Garden ornaments and furnishings
- Arts and crafts
- Handmade and vintage jewelry
- Ceramics, glassware, and dishes
- Handmade purses and bags
- Specialty foods
The Inside Scoop:
- Public transportation available
- The view is amazing, but it gets breezy. Dress in layers.
- Concessions are available, including specialty foods. Don't eat before you come.
- Bring cash. Though some vendors take credit cards, some don't. You'll have more haggling leverage with cash anyway.
- ATM machine available