With a grand opening that took place on Memorial Day 2011, Treasure Island Flea Market is one of the Bay Area’s newest flea markets. Started to give indie designers a place to showcase their goods, Treasure Island Flea Market offers handmade and one-of-a-kind merchandise alongside traditional vintage flea market goods. Go hungry, because the food selection looks as diverse as the merchandise.
- San Francisco, California 94130
- One Avenue of the Palms on Treasure Island
Dates and Times:
- Last Saturday and Sunday of each month
- 10 a.m. to 4 p.m.
- Rain or shine
- $3 admission
- Free admission for children 12 and under
- Free parking
- Dog friendly
Treasure Island flea market promises lots of hip, new merchandise from indie designers, in addition to the vintage furnishings, decor, and clothing you'd expect from a Bay Area flea market. Many of the new items are made from recycled and repurposed materials. Expect to see:
- Antiques and collectibles
- New and vintage clothing
- Reclaimed wood furniture
- Vintage housewares and décor
- Garden ornaments and furnishings
- Arts and crafts
- Handmade and vintage jewelry
- Ceramics, glassware, and dishes
- Handmade purses and bags
- Specialty foods
The Inside Scoop:
- Public transportation available
- The view is amazing, but it gets breezy. Dress in layers.
- Concessions are available, including specialty foods. Don't eat before you come.
- Bring cash. Though some vendors take credit cards, some don't. You'll have more haggling leverage with cash anyway.
- ATM machine available