Each Father's Day weekend, 300 antique dealers from all over the country set up shop in historic Walnut, Iowa for the annual Walnut Antique Show. Join the 50,000 yearly shoppers for the festive street-fair atmosphere and turn-of-the-century, small town charm. Walnut AMVETs Antique Show is the show's official name.
- Walnut, Iowa 51577
Dates and Times:
- Each Father's Day weekend
- 2011 Dates: June 17 through 19
- 2012 Dates: June 15 through 17
- 2013 Dates: June 14 through 16
- 9 a.m. to 6 p.m. Friday
- 8 a.m. to 6 p.m. Saturday
- 8 a.m. to 4 p.m. Sunday
- Free admission
- Free parking
There's a reason the town of Walnut calls itself Iowa's Antique City. With more than 300 antique vendors showing new merchandise daily, there's little you won't find at the Walnut Antique Show. Expect to find:
- Antiques and collectibles
- Estate jewelry
- Vintage clothing and antique textiles
- Home decor
- Furniture, from fine antiques to shabby vintage
- Vintage and antique lighting
- Porcelain, ceramics, and glassware
- Architectural salvage
The Inside Scoop:
- Come hungry. Local organizations and bistros set up more food booths than you can sample in one weekend.
- While you're in Walnut, visit the town's year-round antique stores for even more antique finds.
- Plan to haggle at the antique show, but expect the best deals on Sunday. The show ends at 4 p.m., and the bargains get better as the end of the show draws near.