Visit the Shipshewana Auction & Flea Market to treasure hunt in charming Northern Indiana Amish country. Ten rings of antiques are auctioned each Wednesday morning year-round. Each Tuesday and Wednesday from May to November, hundreds of vendors offer their goods at the Midwest’s largest outdoor flea market.
- Shipshewana, Indiana 46565
- 345 S. Van Buren Street
- Northern Indiana Amish Country
- Maps and Directions
- Lodging and RV park on the grounds
Dates and Times:
- Each Tuesday and Wednesday, May through November
- 8a.m. to 5 p.m.
- Antique auctions Wednesdays at 9 a.m., year-round
- Special events auctions antiques auctions held throughout the year
- Free admission
- $3 per day parking
- $6 per day parking for RVs and vehicles with trailers
- Service animals only
If you don't count the 10 rings of antiques at the Wednesday auctions, there's more new merchandise than used. But with hundreds of vendors, you'll still find plenty of vintage treasures if you dig. Among the goods, expect to find:
- Handcrafted furniture
- Antiques and collectibles
- Handmade arts and crafts
- Home decor and accessories, new and vintage
- Garden tools, decorations, and plants
- Ceramics, glassware, and dishes
- Hardware and fixtures
- Books, puzzles, and games
- New, antique, and handcrafted jewelry
- New clothing, purses and accessories
- Cosmetics and toiletries
- Spices and herbs
- Fresh produce
The Inside Scoop:
- Take plenty of cash.
- Grab a quick lunch from vendors selling traditional Amish foods. If you prefer a sit-down meal, dine at the Auction Restaurant -- and be sure to try the homemade pie.
- Electric scooters, shopping carts, and wagons available for rent by the main entrance at booth #1018. Wagons are $10 per day and shopping carts are $5. Electric scooters are $10 per hour with a two hour minimum. Call for advance reservations at (260)768-4476.
- If you're planning a group pilgrimage, request the Group Tour Information Packet.
- Dealers are willing to haggle, but you'll get better prices at the end of the day.