The last remaining Atlanta drive-in theatre, the historic Starlight Six, opens its grounds each weekend for a huge, open-air Starlight Six Giant Flea Market.
Wander around the six outdoor movie screens to inspect the wares of hundreds of dealers. The atmosphere is that of a giant outdoor party. The merchandise is more garage sale fare than commercial antique dealer, with low prices to match.
- Atlanta, Georgia
- 2000 Moreland Avenue SE
- On the grounds of the Starlight Six Drive-In Theatre
- Little Five Points Neighborhood
Dates and Times:
- Every Saturday and Sunday, weather permitting
- 7 a.m. through 3 p.m.
- Closed each Labor Day Weekend
- 25 cents per person
- Free parking
- Pets are not permitted on the property
- Alcohol is not permitted on the property
With no permanent vendors, the merchandise varies from week to week, but you'll usually find some of the following:
- Furniture, antique to nearly new
- Jewelry and clothing
- Lamps and other lighting
- Funky, handmade artwork and decorative items
- Glassware and dishes
The Inside Scoop:
- More vintage merchandise than new.
- The Starlight is located in Little Five Points, a hip, artsy, culturally diverse Atlanta neighborhood, and the booth rental price is low. This flea market is a great place to buy original artwork from local artists, or to sell your own.
- The dealers are more likely to negotiate at the end of the day when it's time to pack.
- Vendors aren't permitted to sell food or drink, but concessions are available from the theatre's snack bar.
- Coffee for $1 is available from the snack bar.
- Outside food and drink are permitted.