The year 2011 marks the start of the Highway 54 Yard Sale in Western Kentucky. Organizers plan to make the yard sale a biannual event, with sales each May and September. The Highway 54 Yard Sale spans approximately 50 miles, from Owensboro to Leitchfield.
- Owensboro to Leitchfield in Western Kentucky
- Approximately 50 miles along Highway 54
Dates and Times:
- Spring Yard Sale: First weekend of May
- Fall Yard Sale: Third weekend of September
- Thursday through Saturday
- 2013 Dates: May 2 through May 4 and September 19 through September 21
Along the Way:
- Try Western Kentucky's mutton barbecue while you're in Owensboro, and sample the homemade pies and cakes at The Diner in Fordsville.
- When you pass through Fordsville, stop to enjoy the annual Fordsville Days Festival Fundraiser on Main Street. In addition to yard sales, you'll find craft booths, food vendors, and rides. The fundraiser benefits the Fordsville Depot Museum.
Highway 54 Yard Sale Tips:
- Highway 54 Yard Sale - Western Kentucky