Shop for bargains and enjoy the fall scenery at Western Kentucky's Highway 60 Yard Sale. The annual highway yard sale, which began in 2006, includes eight counties and 200 miles along U.S. Highway 60. In addition to yard sale finds, you'll find plenty of booths featuring food, arts, and crafts.
- Western Kentucky
- 200 miles along U.S. Highway 60
- Spans eight counties -- Livingston, Crittenden, Union, Henderson, Daviess, Hancock, Breckinridge, and Meade
Dates and Times:
- late September or early October
- Friday through Sunday
- 2014 Dates: October 3 through 5
- 5 a.m. to 5 p.m., but individual sellers may start later
Along the Way:
- While you're in Western Kentucky, take some time to enjoy the local attractions. You can visit Abraham Lincoln's birthplace, tour the International Bluegrass Music Museum, explore Amish Country, or dip you own bottle of bourbon at the Maker's Mark distillery.
- When you pass through Henderson, Kentucky, visit the GRADD Arts & Crafts Festival. The festival features live music, arts & crafts, and lots of food booths. It takes place on Friday and Saturday -- October 1 and 2 -- in Audobon State Park.
Highway 60 Yard Sale Tips:
- Keep an eye out for yard sale signs marking off-highway sales.
- Top 10 Yard Sale Shopping Tips
- Watch for clustered sales in parking lots and fields.
- Practice your haggling skills before you go and pack your yard sale tool kit.
- Dress in layers so you can add or remove pieces according to the temperature. Wear comfortable shoes.