Started in 2006, the U.S. Highway 36 Treasure Hunt features yard sales all across the state of Kansas. The border-to-border sale spans approximately 400 miles of U.S. Highway 36. In addition to yard sales, many cities along the route host flea markets, bake sales, and other community events.
- Across the entire state of Kansas, from the Missouri to Colorado borders
- Spans from Cheyenne County to Doniphan County
- 400 miles along U.S. Highway 36
Dates and Times:
- Friday through Sunday
- 2014 Dates: September 19 through 21
Along the Way:
- In addition to shopping the yard sales, stop to enjoy the food booths, bake sales, flea markets, and community events along the way.
U.S. Highway 36 Treasure Hunt Tips:
- Watch for signs pointing the way to off-highway sales and clustered sales
- Study the Top 10 Yard Sale Shopping Tips before the sale.
- Order a copy of the Treasure Hunt Guide before you go.
- Take lots of cash and pack your yard sale tool kit.