The Highway 127 Corridor Sale bills itself as the World’s Longest Yard Sale. Officials in Kentucky and Tennessee started the annual sale in 1987, as a way to promote attractions along the back roads of the two states. The yard sale event now spans six states and 690 miles, and starts on the first Thursday of August each year.
Whether you make it a long weekend and travel the entire route or just join for the stretch nearest to you, don’t miss the World’s Longest Yard Sale.
- 5 Miles north of Addison, Michigan to Gadsden, Alabama
- Spans 6 states and 690 miles
- Addison, Michigan to Chattanooga, Tennessee on US 127
- Chattanooga, Tennessee to Gadsden, Alabama on Lookout Mountain Parkway
Dates and Times:
- Annually, starting on the first Thursday of August
- Thursday through Sunday
- 2014 Dates: August 7 through August 10
- Sales start from 7 a.m. to 8 a.m.
Along the Way:
- Tennessee lodging
- Alabama hotels and RV Camping
- Enjoy arts and crafts booths and food vendors along the way, in addition to all the yard sales.
Highway 127 Corridor Sale Tips:
- Book lodging as far ahead as possible, but at least one month in advance.
- Top 10 Yard Sale Shopping Tips
- Watch for clustered sales in vacant lots, fields, and parks.
- Expect heavy traffic and narrow roads. Be cautious when parking and pulling on and off the road.