Explore Southwest Michigan's charming towns while you shop the US 12 Heritage Trail Garage Sale. Held annually since 2003, the garage sale runs for 212 miles along US Highway 12, sometimes called the Old Sauk Trail or the Chicago Road. The US 12 Heritage Trail Garage Sale is Michigan's longest garage sale.
- New Buffalo, Michigan to Detroit, Michigan
- Southwest Michigan
- 212 miles along US Highway 12
- Map available online a few days prior to the sale.
Dates and Times:
- Held annually during the second weekend of August
- Friday through Sunday
- 2013 Dates: August 9 through August 11
Along the Way:
- Attractions by city
- In addition to garage sales, enjoy live entertainment, food, antique stores, flea markets, sidewalk sales, and other community events as you travel the route.
US 12 Heritage Trail Garage Sale Tips:
- Along with garage sale at private homes, watch for clustered sales in parking lots and fields.
- Expect to see everything from antiques to fresh produce.
- Top 10 Yard Sale Shopping Tips
- In towns, watch for garage sale signs pointing the way to off-highway sales.